Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blogging as an Author: Anyone Reading My Thoughts?

I've heard it said that a serious writer in this computerized day-and-age should, at the very least, have a regularly updated blog where reader can get updates on an author's projects, thoughts, etc. This is a quick task for most authors and can be done with plenty of time left to focus on their actual stories, however it's easier said than done for me.
Having Cerebral Palsy greatly limits my overall mobility; making typing, handwriting and speaking tedious work. Still, I know without a doubt being "An Author of Faith and Fiction" is my calling, part of the purpose the Lord had in giving me a life on this earth. I dearly love weaving together tales that have the potential to bring God's goodness and affection for His children alive for someone. Therein lies my dilemma.
I understand the value in blogging and desire to share my heart with my readers, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm wasting precious typing time and energy just writing to the black void of cyberspace, like Julie Powell first thought in "Julie & Julia." I realize I haven't posted anything in a couple weeks (because up until this weekend I've been in pain, overly tired and just not feeling like myself), but in my last blog I posted a little piece of the revision work I'm doing on The Little Butterfly Girl and asked for feedback. No one responded.
Is anyone out there? Please let me know if you are...

Blessings ✞

"Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." - Colossians 3:12, NLT

1 comment:

  1. I am out here! I just don't get a chance to get one and keep up with everything...or sometimes I do and I just don't comment! I am sorry! I will do better! Love you!xo

    ReplyDelete