Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Nightly Argument

"Hey, don't fall asleep yet. I have a great idea for your book."
"Do you have to tell me this now? I'm in bed, can't write it down."
"I know, but I'm awake. You'll remember in the morning, won't you?"
"You know I only recall fragments of what we discuss by the time I wake up. Why can't you ever talk to me when I'm at the computer during the day? I sit there for hours and all I hear is your heavy breathing."
"Oh, yeah, that's when I like to nap."
"What?! Why on earth would you nap during the only time we can work together?"
"I'm sorry. It's just that when you're in bed there are no interruptions and I have your full attention..."
"True, but what good does my undivided attention do you if I have no way to write down all your ideas?"
"Well, what if you just stayed awake in bed all night with me then wrote everything down when you get up in the morning?"
"You expect me to be fully functional on absolutely no sleep? Keep dreaming, goodnight!"
"What? It's just a suggestion..."
"Oy, you're impossible!"

The above dialogue is the never ending battle between my mind and body. My mind, shall I call her Bella Brooke, is constantly speaking, moving and creating. Well, she's not working when Brooke Morgan, my body, is not fatigued and/or in pain. There has to be a way to write around my cage or else manipulate it to submit to my commands. I refuse to let my complete self be beaten by one rebellious part.

No comments:

Post a Comment